I am really into gratitude and the power of positive thinking. I have read several books and countless articles (here is one)on the topic and I really believe it is all mindset. My problem is I am by nature a Debbie Downer. It comes with the territory.
So, I have to force myself to be positive and sometimes, it feels a little forced. Every book I have read on the subject says you have to fake it till you make it a real habit. This is why I am starting Thankful Thursdays, to get myself in “the attitude of gratitude” <—The Secret anyone? So everyday I have jotted down something I am thankful for. Here is a short list of things I am grateful for this week:
- Family time… at Sweet Berry Farms!….Who knew a pumpkin patch could be so much fun!
- The Waco Zoo…we went on the spur of the moment and it was so nice! Full of surprises and fun family memories.
- Good Health….I’ve had some bad health issues in my family. Nothing makes you appreciate your health more than being sick, so I am thankful that my immediate family is as healthy as can be right now.
- Good Friends Old And New…That bring surprises and love
- Lady Bird Lake /Town Lake 4.2…I did it! Walking a huge chunk of Lady Bird Lake/Town Lake was actually an item on my bucket list for Austin and I am so glad I got to walk that with my friend and daughter in tow. It was so beautiful and it made me fall in love with Austin all over again.
- The Trailer Park…OMG go to Torchy’s Tacos and get a Trailer Park taco. You can thank me later. So good!
- That Paco Lopez Had A Home. So, the other day while my friend and I were walking Lady Bird/Town Lake we found a dog and his name was Paco Lopez. he was wandering around in a more residential part of the trail. We texted the number on the collar and they texted us back that Paco Lopez was indeed lost. We tried to keep an eye on the dog, but somehow or another we lost the dog while doing all of this texting. My friend, went looking for him close in to the residential homes. Eventually one of the neighbors, a Hispanic man with a thick Spanish accent, came out of his house wondering what she was doing? We eventually understood him to say that Paco lived at the next door neighbors house. So Paco Lopez wasn’t lost, but home. Horary!
- That My Hair Is NOT GRAY Anymore….Thanks friend! Never dyed hair that early in the morning before and amazingly enough we didn’t get it on anything except my favorite pair of shorts.
- For Anita…who started THE CHALLENGE. I haven’t lost any weight yet, but I am watching what I eat and doing more exercise. For me it is really going to be baby steps
- For Chef Paul Prudhomme…May God Bless his Soul! We will forever love the food he blessed us with! Check out these touching photos from his funeral and second line.
- For My Friend Taking Me To See… Bob Schneider, an Austin legend at the Saxon Pub…also another Austin bucket list item. He was amazing! Go see Bob if he comes to your town. I have one of his songs jammed in my head right now and I am thinking about downloading it on itunes <—-y’all that is serious!
- Vacation Days…My husband is on vacation right now and it is really good to spend a lot of quality family time together. He is also knocking some household projects out of the park and off of my honey do list! Thank gawd! Today is his final day off and we went for a hike this morning at Walnut Creek Park.
Look at us SPORTING our Saints gear on game day. Geaux Saints!!!!
What is something you are thankful for today? Play along in the comment section.
I am thankful the Saints are playing a prime time game and we get to watch them on TV while sporting our Saints gear!